There is nothing better than a delicious cup of Hot Chocolate to make one feel better; in winter it’ll warm you right to the tips of your toes and in summer you could turn it into a milkshake or ice cream – yummers!
This recipe has been adapted from various other recipes by my sister-in-law Zuki and it is one that has worked consistently well in my household – just remember to measure properly.
This recipe make approximately 3/4 cups (depending on the size of the cup).
- 1/4 cup (25g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (78g) hot water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (920ml) milk (whichever kind you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine the cocoa. sugar, water and salt in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it starts to boil.
Cook, while stirring, for a minute.
Add in the milk, stirring constantly, but do not let it boil.
Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla extract, and serve!
Fairly easy recipe without too much work and the results are amazing!
- Chop up some pink and white marshmallows, or use some mini marshmallows, and add on top immediately,
- Add a generous dollop of whipped cream on top and sprinkle with your choice of sprinkles.
That’s it from me; if you enjoyed this recipe, do share your thoughts and photos with me – I’d love to know about it.
What else would you like to see here? Send any comment or suggestions my way – you never know; it may be on here sometime. Until next time…